The mission of the Providence Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. is to provide superior fire suppression, rescue and emergency medical services to the Providence Fire District, Town of Weddington, and the citizens of the surrounding community.
Standard of Cover
For fire emergency incidents, Providence VFD will:
- Respond an initial apparatus appropriate for the reported nature of the incident, with a crew of four firefighters.
- The initial apparatus will be enroute within two (2) minutes (turnout time) of notification of the incident by the county communication center.
- The initial apparatus and crew will be on scene of incidents within the Providence Fire District within ten (10) minutes of response time.
This initial apparatus and crew shall have the capabilities to establish command per the requirements of NIMS and ICS; investigate to determine the actual nature of the incident, and to initiate mitigation efforts.
- For fire incidents, the initial apparatus and crew shall have the capability to place into service one (1) attack line with a minimum flow rate of 150 gallons per minute.
- Fire/EMS incidents, the initial apparatus and crew shall have the capability to ensure scene safety, assess patient condition, and treat the patient consistent with established EMS protocols.
- For extrication incidents, the initial apparatus and crew shall have the capability to assess the patient’s medical status, stabilize one (1) patient, and place into service one (1) piece of hydraulic or pneumatic extrication equipment.